Monday, October 25, 2010

A Masquerade Wedding

I love when people have themed weddings! Stacey, a co-worker, got married on Saturday and her theme was a purple and black masquerade. Loves it! She asked me to make her cake and pretty much gave me free reign.

I went with a black cake with a swirl design to match her dress. I wanted a purple and black mask on top, but it was SO hard finding one with just those colors. Most of them had silver or gold. When I finally found one, it was sold out. Grrrr. Stacey said I could go with a white mask, which I realized was a better idea since it was a wedding. I just added some purple feathers and roses to keep with the wedding colors.



I LOVE this cake!! It's definitely one of my best.

1 comment:

  1. Superb! I am adding this theme to my shortlist. I am getting married next year and I have also booked a beautiful event space Chicago. I am going through wedding posts to finalize a nice theme for the wedding. My mind didn’t cross thing at all. The looks amazing! I am definitely saving this post.

    ReplyDelete